Why Choose a Health Career?
Five good reasons why you should choose a health career
- Your community needs you. Shortages of health care providers continue to be an issue, particularly in rural and northern areas of Canada, including many First Nations, Inuit and Métis communities.
- First Nations, Inuit and Métis people are under-represented in all areas of the health care work force.
- First Nations, Inuit and Métis people suffer from poorer health compared with the general Canadian population.
- Jobs in the health industry will most likely be available in nearly all areas of Canada and abroad in the foreseeable future.
- A career in the health sciences can help you fulfill your dreams, whether they involve finding a cure for diabetes, helping people recover from depression or eradicating tuberculosis from the world.