Southern Health-Santé Sud
Southern Health–Santé Sud offers a wide range of health care opportunities to its more than 5,600 employees who collaborate to deliver a full continuum of programs, services and community health. We are proud to partner with the many communities in our region in delivering quality health care.
One of the five Regional Health Authorities in the province, Southern Health–Santé Sud spreads over 27,025 km2 with 29 Rural Municipalities, 4 cities, 12 towns and 5 villages. Southern Health-Santé Sud is home to 7 First Nation communities, Hutterite colonies, many Francophone communities, a growing large Mennonite population as well as many other cultures. A progressive and responsive designated bilingual health authority, we are proud to serve approximately 183,000 residents – the fastest growing population in Manitoba.
In partnership with the Aboriginal community, Southern Health-Santé Sud is committed to increasing the representation of Aboriginal peoples within all levels of our workforce to create a workforce that is also reflective of the population we serve.
- Facilitate respectful workplace and cultural relations
- Improve the representation of Aboriginal peoples within Southern Health-Santé Sud
- Increase awareness of health care occupations opportunities to Aboriginal peoples
- Promote recruitment, retention, advancement and training of Aboriginal peoples
- Address issues and identify opportunities to encourage the attraction and retention of Aboriginal peoples in healthcare occupations
- Support the career development and advancement of Aboriginal peoples employed in Southern Health-Santé Sud
Promote/publicize initiatives undertaken by Southern Health-Santé Sud that encourage and support the development of an Aboriginal representative workforce.